Mobo that supports AMD new cpu 6core need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea the whole dual power thing is just down right confusing lol. no im not waiting on a bios ipdate for my mobo im waiting to see what other boards will support it after a bios update. newegg and etc dont even have a option yet to search for mobo that supports x6

I'm stuck with my board too. If you look at that list, it seems there's almost no 790 boards that will support 6 cores, which is ludicrous.

I'm stuck with my board too. If you look at that list, it seems there's almost no 790 boards that will support 6 cores, which is ludicrous.

yes it is :*( I love my board to death I hate to get rid of it :cry: Im just wondering how long is it going to take for most of the manufactors to get some bios updates out lol.

-EDIT-

im going to call biostar right now and complain lol, and tell them my criteria on a mobo and tell them to make it or find me one lol

Make sure you use the edit button so you don't double post, mmkay?

Calling Biostar will do next to nothing, lol...you'll just frustrate yourself by being stuck on hold for too long.

alrighty I will start using the edit. Yea your right I will just get frustrated, Im so frustrated because I wake up every morning look over on my desk and see my x6 cpu just sitting there waiting to be used and than it makes me want to cry lol. I was just looking and the price of ddr3 ram seems to be RIDICULOUS, I refuse to get a new mobo that only supports ddr3 now, especially when i already have 6gb of ddr2 lol

The price of all RAM right now is ridiculous...DDR3 isn't much more expensive than DDR2 nowadays. My kit of PI Blacks cost 45 bucks when I bought it...now they cost more than double that. For the same exact kit. Ridiculous.

My advice to you is to just find a motherboard you like, get DDR3 if you have to, and sell your old stuff to recoop your spending.

The price of all RAM right now is ridiculous...DDR3 isn't much more expensive than DDR2 nowadays. My kit of PI Blacks cost 45 bucks when I bought it...now they cost more than double that. For the same exact kit. Ridiculous.

My advice to you is to just find a motherboard you like, get DDR3 if you have to, and sell your old stuff to recoop your spending.

I looked at your option and I think I might go ahead and just do that my gf wants to build a computer for her brother so I have a buyer I suppose lol. What do you guys think of this motherboard and this ram, I like that mobo seems to have some very nice features, but I dont think I will ever use the core unlocker haha.

Newegg.com - ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 AMD Motherboard

Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom