mobo Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

stalin90

Daemon Poster
Hey guys im new here, ive been lookin around in here a few weeks readin just never had anything to say.

but now im thinkin about gettin a new case and mobo for my system with my tax returns.

my question is what mobo should i get that can be very future proof, i really would like something that is able to use the new 45nm intel quads

I saw alot of people here like the gigabyte p35, what one though dsr3....???? also how nice are the new x38's? i might be doin some overclockin but nothing huge. also wondering if i can just do a mobo swap and still lauch xp(after settin up bios) or do i have to reformat?

The case in thinkin about would be the Cooler Master 830, because i want a removable mobo tray, anyone have any openions on this case?

Current System:
EVGA 680i Sli A1
Intel Q6600 g0
2GB Corsair pc2-6400
XFX 8800GTS 640mb Extreme
WD 160 + WD 250 gb SATA

Thanks for the help:)

oh and the 680i is for sale, still under warrenty bought oct 07

EDIT: Sorry, misread the post.

MSI P35 neo2-FR is a good board. Also, check out 780i. The ABIT IX38 quad GT is a good X38 board.

hey also if i wanted to get one of those new nvidia 9800gx2 would i need a sli mobo because it has sli on the card or would it be fine with x38 or p35?

for an x38 board id probably reccomend the gigabyte ds4. Supposed to be a great board. For P35 i guess the DS3R

I just did a motherboard swap yesterday. Asus p5k deluxe for gigabyte x38 Dq6. It gave me some driver problems at the start. I just erased the drivers after I got to windows, installed the new ones and everything was perfect.

As for the 9800gx2 i don't think you'd need an SLI mobo. I could be mistaken but I hope not because I just bought an X38 and plan on getting the 9800gx2 lol

thanks, but now that i just went to tomshardware and saw that they predict the price to be only $450, i think i might just wait to buy the 9800gx2, and then a motherboard:) maybe the 790's will be out by then. only need a new psu... crappy ultra:mad:

really is that all that it will be different from the 780 version? because if thats it sounds kinda stupid if they only upgrade the memory compatability and not the chipset or anything. and ya ive seen them on newegg, i think evga and asus has one out.

oh well but like i said ill just have to wait and see. so many people on different sites are saying so much about this video card and how people consider it a 8 series card because its g92, and rumers of a g100 chip

and thanks for the psu suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom