This mobo plus this ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The G.skill is better is all...that OCZ may be DDR2-1066 but the timings are only 5-5-5-15 @ 2.3v

G.skill HZ's can hit 1000mhz with 4-4-4-12 timings @ 2.3

I mean the OCZ is nice if you are a fanboy but I'm just telling you that your waisting 70 bucks. DDR2-1066 2 is NOT needed btw.

However the ram will work if you really want it.

I agree with Sora. He's getting you the best you can, with your money. And that set of G. Skill is the way to go. Also 2gb is plenty enough for everything, even Vista Ultimate.

I'm also not sure, if you can use the OCZ ram, up to it's speed because, the X2 5600+'s HTT is 200MHz right? And the OCZ ram is 533MHz (1066MHz/2=533). So you would have to overclock your processor's HTT to 533, which will make it like, 7.4GHz (533MHz x 14 multiplier of the 5600+), which is so unlikely. Assuming, you are overclocking on a 1:1 ratio. But if you don't overclock, will the ram just match the speed of the processor's HTT? Anyway, DDR2-800 is enough.

OK, I'm not 100% sure what I just said, so I'm probably sort of wrong. But that's what I think. Not really familiar with AMD overclocking.

I would think that it would..

Im not overclocking, just going for the best stock speeds I can get without killing the bank, I have 2k (american) to spend without monitor/case/keyboard/OS.

Considering Ive been running with a single core amd proc, and 150 gig hdd its time for an uppy.

My new build...

dddt7.jpg

Don't get the raptor. It's not worth the money, for just a few seconds less for loading time. Just RAID 0, two Seagate 7200.10 320gb HDs, and it will be as fast as a single raptor, for less money, and more space. And for the power supply, 700W is too much power for your system. Get the Corsair 520W. It's more than enough power. Also get the ram that Sora, suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom