mobo options

Status
Not open for further replies.

little a

In Runtime
hi all

some time ago a friend had recommended that i build my system around this mobo:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131517

but i've taken so long to get the parts that Socket 939 is by probably close to obsolete by now and/or i should be going with more up to date technology in a different direction.

so, what's the best socket type (or even better, what's the best mobo) to plan/build around? i'm not into gaming but i will do a fair bit of heavish video editing. i want something that will have as long a life as possible.

leaning towards an LGA775 for Intel, i've been looking at an entry level intel conroe (this one or this one ) but not sure what mobo would give me the best matchup. i'd appreciate comments on this cpu and/or possible mobos to go with it. (what about an ASUSP5W DH Deluxe)?

any advice would be appreciated

a

P5W DH or the Intel D975XBX is a good choice if you want to use two ATI graphics cards, and you could even use SLI with hacked drivers with those boards. Or the Gigabyte DS3 is a good board if you don't plan on having Crossfire/SLI.

what platform you are interested in? if its Intel then i975 chipset is newest, but if AMD, then AM2 socket and nVidia N-force 5 series boards will do better, as nVidia's technology on nseries5 surpasses the one in Intel i975 chipset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom