Mobo Issue, Help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublebassdanny

Solid State Member
So I had an A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard and it had an odd problem: When I would shut down my machine I'd have to reset the BIOS to power it back on, otherwise it'd just sit and run the fans and with HDD light on. So after trying everything (new BIOS battery, flash BIOS etc.) I bought a brand new mobo of the same type. Unfortunately, same problem. So I bought a new power supply, 400 Watts (ULTRA V Series) from microcenter. Same problem. I'm at a loss now, and I need to be able to change the settings in my BIOS because my CPU is clocked down to 1.24Ghz otherwise, when it should be around 2.04 (Athlon 2800+). I would greatly appreciate help on this.

Thanks
-Danny

Hm, I'll try new RAM and CPU when I get home, if it's one of those, I'd have to guess CPU since it always clocks down to 1.24 ghz.

Thanks a ton, this was driving me crazy. Will post what happens for others who may run into this crap.

there are bizarre issues with the K7's and downclocking because of the relationship between memory frequency and FSB. if the memory downclocks it will pull the FSB and consequently cpu speed down too.

edit: also kudos on the board :D, it's about the best socket A board there is. i had the good fortune of picking up one of these with a 2500+ Barton for $10au the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom