which mobo for intel7300 processor 2.66ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalki

Baseband Member
iam planing to build a decent pc with 2gb ram with winxp ( normal not 64bit ) and c2d processor.,,,suggest me a decent mobo ..iam doing some cost cutting cos iam building it for my gaming arcade for games with lowest resulution and low graphics detail....wud attach a 1gb graphics card..so which mobo ?

If on a budget:
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
If not on a budget
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Not much between them the more expensive one has slightly better onboard sound and more internal sata ports and usb headers. It also supposrts faster ram but that doesn't really matter as the speed it offers is not worth going for at DDR2.

I am little confused by what your going to be doing with it most 1gb graphics cards are high end gaming cards why would you be using low resolutions and graphics detail?

and dont get a low end card with that much storage, for example 8500gt 1gb ddr2, this is no better than its 512 version.

Well at high resolutions gaming it would be, but seeing as the 8500gt isn't a gaming card it is a media centre card the gain would only be 9fps instead of 7-8fps which is negligable.

@saltnay

hey i think i can afford that mobo which u mentioned....wud prolly buy tat with c2d 7300...2gbddr2 plus this 9400 gt card....wil crysis and gta 4 work ??

Somehow, I don't think GTA4 will work all too well on that card. If you're going to be gaming, grab something better.

And no card in existence can run Crysis. </dryhumorjoke>

lol he hee !!
but that motherboard lacks an on board graphic chipset...tat doesnt matter to me as long as i fit a 1gig grafix card rite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom