Mobo Install Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eayes

Baseband Member
Hey all. I'm doing my first ever build and have what may be a silly question. My motherboard has 9 holes for screws but my case only came with 8 of the spacers that attach to the motherboard tray. Does it matter if it has 8 or do I need the 9? Thanks and sorry if this is a silly question, I just don't want to screw anything up!

Depends where it would be missing the screw.. On the edges I don't think would matter, but towards the middle, the board could warp.. My other board was missing a screw on the lower right corner, used it for over a year.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hes pretty much right, it doesn't matter, but just make sure you get all the important screws that pressure will be applied to. eg. PCI slots, ram dimms, cpu socket area etc. one in the corner wont make a difference. If your like me though, it will eat at the back of your head so try get hold of a spare one from a friend or something. Also make sure your motherboard doesnt have any pre installed type standoffs that are usually just metal bend upwards so you do not need standoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom