Mobo install is a nightmare so far...help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
Went over to my friends place to get the new mobo installed. Just to update you I have 3 HDD, one for Vista, one for XP and then the Slave. Well it's been a headache so far.

mobo: Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TPower I45 LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Once we got everything together we tried to fire it up and nothing! So we went over everything make sure it was pugged in correctly. Some how and we both still do not understand why but it just started working????

So now this is where I am stuck. I installed Xp first on the same drive it was on before. Well the ide was not showing up in the bios. Finally we got it to show up then however the disc drive would not read/boot the disc for XP. Well I noticed the ide cable was pretty tight between the HDD and the mobo. We moved it and it finally worked. Well it was very late so I installed XP and just went to bed. I get up today and tried to install Vista. Same ISSUE! :(

I select to boot from disc, it lets me select the disc drive to boot from disc, I press "ANY KEY TO CONTINUE" and instead of it booting the disc it booted up the old Vista from the previous install. This is exactly what was happening with XP. Instead of it booting the disc it would just boot the old OS installed on the HDD already. Obviously this OS doesn't work for either OSes since it's a new mobo.

I'm lost! Does any one have any idea what is going wrong? Things seem so inconsistent here. One second it works next it doesn't.

The guy that helped me install this (because I have never done this myself) is coming over tonight to look into it further but he is as confused as I am right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom