MOBO for i7 920

Status
Not open for further replies.
i prefer evga. mainly because it looks better and has a better layout. but the asus is good too. and evga has really good support.

the asus is much better looking than the EVGA. I heard good reviews about the asus board. I would get the asus.

I've had both Asus and EVGA and I have to recommend EVGA. Their customer support is top-notch. If you want to be on hold for and hour then speak to someone in China when you need support then go with Asus. EVGA also tends to have better warranties on their products. I'm not sure, but I think EVGA boards are actually manufactured by Foxconn.

All things aside, I dont ever recall having to call tech support for any motherboard I've used. Nothing that a google search didnt solve.

With that in mind its probably better to have the board that is more popular.

I remember when EVGA started releasing mobos everyone was pretty skeptical. They have edged their way into the market and are a preferred brand now.

yeah ive never had to use customer service that forums and google can't help. With renaissance board you get the tweeter instead of a northbridge. lol

You need it if you have a bad board and need an RMA. I've had to do that a couple times with Asus. That was a few years ago though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom