In Runtime
Hello

I have:

C2D 6420
8800 GTS
X-Fi Extreme Gamer
3 Sata (2 HD's + DVD R/W)
2x 1gb Corsair Ballistix 6400

I'd like to overclock, eventually, as the computer will be "old" within a few monthes

I want something reliable, that looks nice, can handle a good overclock, stays cool, is quad-core capable, is easy to work with, can handle up to 4 Gb of memory, has a nice Bios, fits in a Thermaltake Tsunami, eventually with an 8800 GTX, SLI doesn't seem to be a major concern as I've read one REALLY good card will outperform two good cards, onboard sound is irrelevant, a good internet connection, dual LAN if that means i can use it to set up a home theatre system or to connect my computer to another computer at a single residence to do stuff online, etc.

I currently have the Asus P5N-E but I'm fairly certain it needs to be returned, because something is wrong with my computer and after some fiddling that's the likely culprit.

I'm going to be returning it to SATA Computer ltd. where I purchased it from....

I'm thinking the Asus P5N32-E Plus (which has Wi-Fi tho I'm not sure how I'd utelize that yet), but I haven't had the opportunity to really delve into things just yet

Money isn't an issue

Thank you kindly for your help
J.

i would say the ds3 aswell. but if money isnt a concern u could really be thinking bout a evga 680i which has dual gigabit lan.

Cooling

I don't think I need to upgrade, even if the southbridge is passively cooled, I don't think it's worth it to spend anything on a new board when the Asus P5N-E is reviewed well :)

However, I was wondering about changing the CPU fan and cooling the ram, adding extra cooling to the system. What would you recommend?

The Thermaltake Beetle looks pretty nice, but so do those Zalman's. And should it be a fan? I've read they should have copper fins... and do I apply Arctic 5 to the blades before installing???

My case is a Thermaltake Tsunami

Thanks
J.

lol, you don't apply AS5 to the blades. You apply it to the CPU, and then you, seat the heatsink.

In the specs it says Corsair Ballistix. Don't you mean Crucial Ballistix?

i dont know if ur case is man enough but the tuniq tower can sure kill some heat.

tuniq tower is the best 2007.:D

^couldn't find the tuniq tower in my city :-/

the arctic 7 freezer pro seems pretty solid: doesn't weigh alot, and is supposed to cool like a dream :)

The Freezer 7 Pro, is one of the best bang for your buck coolers. Cools well, and it's cheap.

Fix?

Hello

I took my computer into the tech and he told me the mobo is fried. It's under warranty but I'm just wondering if I should upgrade to a different board

I had/have the Asus P5N-E

3 Sata connections (2 HD's, DVD R/W)
8800 GTS
2 Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer 6400
C2D 6420
X FI Extreme Gamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom