Mobo Crapped again... out for a new one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
Welp... either my mobo or my ram is acting up.. most likely its the motherboard.. and frankly.. i'm tired of this crap and i'm thinking of getting a new one, but i won't be able to afford it until sometime around christmas!!! which really blows

because i'm scared it could possibly be the ram.. i'm thinking of getting new ram around that time as well....

for mobo's i was thinking of the x38 or the 780i... not too sure which to go w/ though... x38 is a great overclocker... but 780i will allow me to still use SLi which i feel i'm going to need to continue playing future games at 1920x1200

but as for now, i don't see any threats to my gtx not playing full quality, besides the obvious Crysis, which i don't expect to play marvalously w/ SLi anyway....

anywho, w/ the Geforce 9 supposedly coming around in Feb... i'm not sure if i'll even need SLi... still questionable.. so x38 seems like a clear winner.. perhaps?

Also... the 3870x2 is coming up pretty soon, which could be a great thing to go w/ the x38 for some quad-fire action!

anywho.. i just need some opinions on tips on what to get as i don't have much experience w/ the two mobo's myself

and as for ram... i'm just going to go w/ the obvious crucial ballistics

ya the asus p5n32e-sli

asus made it as a filler inbetween the 650 and 680i... its "supposed" to be a 650i, but it carries lots of characteristics and such of the 680i.. and even shares the same drivers.. only sucks alot more w/ the quad cores...

worst board i've ever owned... this thing sucks!

i've read wonderful things if your running a dual core... but so many horror stories on quads

max 3d benchable was only 3.3 ghz... w/ 1.45v!!! THATS MADNESS

okay.. anyway, i've been on the asus forums for a good amount of hours doing some reading.. and it appears... A CRAPLOAD of people have the same exact problem i do... which is not getting a post under a bunch of circumstances... most of em seem to come down to ram... being as your not supposed to have ram pretty much over 1.8v as it won't boot otherwise.... so imma try to get 20 bucks and buy some low volt ram at circuit city if i can in the morning.. hopefully solving my problem...

if not.. RMA time to asus.. and then selling the RMA to get a better board...

Low voltage RAM will not clock well at all so I wouldnt bother. Just RMA or sell in the B/S/T section, and get yourself a nice X38 QuadGT/DQ6.

no the problem is i need low clocked ram to just get to bios, then from there, to change the voltage settings to 2.0 or higher for the ram that i have

my old msi 975x platinum power up edition had the very same problem

but all in all.. for quad core.. this board plain out sucks for overclocking.. so i have no want/need for it.. the farthest i've ever seen this board overclock was the 3.4 ghz... w 1.5v ... thats just insane.... and that was my clock!! hahaha, i've never seen anyone.. anywhere w/ a clock higher than that.. i just might have set a world record for this POS!

but... i am going to RMA and then sell this board and and probably get an x38.. i'm just about over the thought of wanting SLi

big problems i'm sure come from is hybrid design... 680i southbridge... 590a northbridge (yes an amd part) or was it vice versa.. don't remember.. eitherway, bad news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom