Mobo for AMD 3200, 64-bit, Socket 754

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space_Coyote

In Runtime
I had a problem with my PC not recognizing 1 stick of my PC2700 RAM. I tried it in my friendÂ’s PC and it wouldnÂ’t boot so I sent it back. Well, I got my replacement 512 RAM from Kingston (2-day cross-shipping and pre-paid return FTW) and it recognized it on first boot and I havenÂ’t had any problems since.

The awful part is, when I put the bad stick in my friend’s PC (before RMA-ing it) it fried his board. IDK WTF happened, maybe a short in a connector or something, I‘ve never heard of anything like this before. Short of it is, he’s getting a new PC and I offered to buy his AMD 3200 64-bit socket 754, partly because I feel guilty and also because it’s a nice upgrade from my current Athlon 1800. I think I can get a cheap board for around $50 or so and I should be good to go with the rest of my existing hardware.

Can you please recommend a couple of MoboÂ’s for this CPU? Maybe a cheaper version, and also one that would be good if I decide to overclock?

It seems that boards with an AGP 4x/8x slot and the nForce4 north bridge are in short supply. Is SiS better than the nForce3 chipset?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom