Mobo 754, CPU 939 oops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisX

Baseband Member
I just orded the cpu and mobo for my new pc and only after did i realize that they are different socket types. This is going to be a problem isnt it?

I would return the 754 motherboard and pick up a 939 one. 754 is being discontinued, and there wont be any more CPUs for it. If you get it you will be screwed up the road. Also 754 dosn't support dual channel ram.

How long ago did you order it? Usually you can cancel an order within a day or 2 if it hasn't been shipped yet.

i just ordered it today so i have to wait till monday to call and cancel =\ that mb looks good also, ive got some time to decide heh

From personal experience, if you want stabilty but no customer service, go with the Asus A8N-SLI Premium or Deluxe. If you want ultimate tweaking but a lame manual and a board not really great for a first timer, go with the DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D.

I got the Ultra-D for my first build, yeah I had some trouble with my memory at first but when I went to DFI-street they helped me and fixed the problem right away, it turned out that I needed to raise my DRAM voltage a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom