Microsoft Reminds: No Vista SP1 This Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can one of the most powerfull companies in the world be so f'd up...

With all that money and power you'd think that they would be supplying updates left and right. I know i would, but all they want is that mulah (cash) :D

Err sorry to say but yeah, Linux ftw!!!

well, thats disappointing.. Oh well, I guess I'll stick with XP on my gaming rig for a little longer..

well, thats disappointing.. Oh well, I guess I'll stick with XP on my gaming rig for a little longer..
I'll stick with XP until at least 2009, when Vienna comes out.

Vista just doesn't offer anything significant that XP doesn't. Except for DirectX 10, but that may change. Even if Microsoft doesn't have anything to do with it.

Techies-

I've read numerous articles saying the sp1 beta will be out in august and with a final release tentatively scheduled for nov or december to be simoltaneously released with Windows Server 2008 edition. (i know an uncanny short time for beta testing)

I hate to dispute b1gapl, but i'll try to find those articles I read later, but for now....work calls me.

oh yeah, Linux Ubuntu pwns

I really don't care anyways.. all the service packs will do is just fix bugs and improve performance.

XP will still be the smarter choice in the end... unless... Microsoft does something really monopilish <------made up word) :D and continues to try to make things "Vista Only"

Example: Games for windows, dx10...

So far people have gotten every "Vista Only" game to work on xp perfectly fine (and they said it was impossible) :) and dx10 on XP is just a matter of time.

Its Microsoft vs. the world of haxers and crackers, and Microsoft will always lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom