microATX for Celeron 800MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

sw_freak64

In Runtime
yea i know its old but its all i got for now and i want to make the best of it! please help me build a system around a celeron 800MHz and a nVidia FX 5500 OC PCI....i am looking for the best mobo for OCing and overall performance. I play WoW and intend to run Linux Gentoo on it. BTW is WoW and any other recent game compatable on Linux??? And what about my hardware and other software such as Norton 2006??? Please help!!!

Hmm... What's your budget... provided you have a case and such you're better off buying a new system, or go look for a fry's deal where they sell a budget proc and mobo for the price of one of them (about).

Well... what is the budget? and what do you need exactly. Do you have a case, psu, cd/dvd drive, hd's?

Finding a motherboard for that cpu will be nearly impossible, let alone one that's good. I'm not aware of wow being for linux. You pretty much can't do anything with the setup you have now... depending on how many parts you need you could build a new system for around $170... so what is your budget?

Well since it needs to be Socket 370 and mATX you have only one option (in fact there are only two motherboards for Socket 370 on Newegg!).

Here it is.

Exactly what I was saying.. for $60 you can get a s754 G6100 mobo (nforce 4, pcie, SATAII and onboard GeForce 6100 GFX) (plus it's micro) then add a $60-70 sempron64 cpu, and a 512 stick of ram and your good to go for WOW... I built that setup for a friend, and it plays CSS and such very nicely, and he plays WOW and it looks/plays great. Much much better than an 800mhz celeron... which I doubt would play it at all.

Ya, after a certain time it becomes more expensive to upgrade an old system, such as trying to build a sA system right now. Best to go w/ a s754 budget system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom