Microatx build

For storage I'm only seeing a single 120gb SSD drive.....you probably should have a large platter drive in there too if it can fit more than one drive

Based on the requirements given they shouldn't need to store much at all. A 60GB SSD would probably suffice, if they were still made.

For storage I'm only seeing a single 120gb SSD drive.....you probably should have a large platter drive in there too if it can fit more than one drive

Check his signature if he still has those hdd I recommend he used the blue for storage the ssd for the main os main apps.

This build is for a friend, so doubting the OP will want to simply donate a drive.

right. shes getting an external terabyte drive, so no need for additional drives.

i dont want a crap motherboard, but it also doesnt need any features at all. no oc'ing. thats why i posted originally would a dell be the worst choice for a cheapish featureless computer. this will be a computer that doesnt need a super cpu, because for 99% of the time, it will do nothing but chrome tabs. it's not 50 tabs of movies, just 50 pinterest tabs. 50 general tabs. pinterest was a joke that you might understand if you have a wife or gf...

were looking at silence over performance.

thanks guys

and still looking for recommendations on cases. perhaps this case? corsair 250d http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139033

Still stick to my previous recommendations. The board isn't crap.

The 250d uses mITX boards.

oops, it is mini.

on the power supply, the case is tight. any recommendations for a power supply thats fully modular?

the cpu, i see that its great for overclocking, but is stock all that anyone would ever want that doesnt play games?

Last edited:
so a bit of a snag. the motherboard needs a bios update to run that chip, and i dont have a spare 1150 cpu around...

can anyone recommend another cpu mb combo for around the same price and performance?

Back
Top Bottom