Micro-ATX --->Which One?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRVRT

In Runtime
I been toying with the idea of adding a Micro ATX into my new build. I want to use it for folding and web server. So, what I am looking for is a Micro ATX with onboard video with DVI out, onboard audio, 775 socket, Intel Core 2 Quad support, and Serial ATA. Any one have a good suggestions?

Edit: Must have OC'ing abilites in bios. Can't have a quad runnning stock.:D

Also, does anyone know where to get a Power and Reset button assembly with wires? Led's are no problem. Other question is, can I just use a reg momentary micro switch for these to turn the new board on/off?

Not looking for fast overclock. If I can get to 3.2-3.3GHz with the micro I would be happy. It won't have a True so temps would will be a concern, so 3.6GHz I know is out of the question.

As long as there is decent air circulation there won't be a problem getting a decent overclock. The only difference between ATX and mATX is the size and a couple less PCI slots. The chips, circuitry, and hardware are the same.

mATX don't have as much room for good circulation, but that can be easily remedied.

Just because it's not the biggest and baddest doesn't mean it won't work and work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom