memory question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhick40

Baseband Member
i have a question about memory. i want to get the best possible memory i can, in 1 stick of 1gb form, and i can get another stick later. the best timings i found were 2-3-2-5, is that the lowest? also, can i use any speed of ram? im getting an ultra d, and even the sli-dr says it goes to ddr400. could i run faster ram on an ultra d? waht i'm looking for here is the best possible ram, that will run on an ultra d with the lowest timings for overclocking. preferably uner 150$.

i noticed that, will it be a problem with my mobo? i figured i could adjust it in the BIOS.

I once found an article on the net that tested ram latency and the results showed almost no difference in performance of any kind. when i filled my comp with 4 gigs i didn't waste money getting low latency

yeah, but latency comes into play when overclocking. isn't 4 gigs pretty slow? what os are you running.

Get the slower RAM. The DDR550 is the same thing as the slower speed RAM. The frequency is set higher and the timings are loosened.

Stick w/ 2GB, never get 4 until a new chipset comes out that can handle it perfectly.

The DFI SLI DR supports memory voltages to 4 volts (maybe more) so you will not have to worry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom