Memory or Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase

CECS Major
Well...this is about the 50th post I have made on 'upgrading my computer' but here lately I have ran into some much appreciated money so I figured now is as good a time as any to upgrade. Anyway, I can go 2 x 1GB RAM or new X2 processor. Below are my specs:

A8N-SLI Deluxe
2 x 512mb Crucial Ballistix (2-2-2-6) DC
80gb WD Caviar SATA II
250gb WD Caviar SATA II
AMD 64 3500+ (2.2) (939)
ASUS Radeon x1900xt 512mb
450w Coolermaster RealPower PSU

Which one would best boost performance in gaming and other high demanding taks?

Thanks for the help once again,

::-Chase-::

Well, for 260 you could get a X2 4400 from New Egg. Or you could sell your RAM, and get a 2GB set. I'd still go with the CPU though!

OK, well as of right now my gaming is fine with my current rig (dosn't bat an eye at FEAR, Oblivion...you name it) so that's why I had no clue what would increase and further future proof the performance of my rig.

::-Chase-::

dual core is goign to help u if you burn cd and dvd while palying video games. So if u want to run alot of program and play video game too then get a dual core. if not then forget it.

I hate this future proof people's BS. thoses people that got an 3800 liek 6 months ago for 300$$. well it costs 180!!!!! now. How many games uses dual core? hmmmm let think.... like 2.

yeah dont beilve the hype of "future proff."

your games are gooan run like 2-5 fps slower cuase of the x2 3800 lower speed. Todays game run in single core, not dual core. meaning it doesnt matter if u have a X10 or X12 it will run the same as the x1(of the same speed).

save your money and use it for games or soemthing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom