Memory Not Recognize

Status
Not open for further replies.

sexuall9

Solid State Member
Hey guys. Sorry for making so many threads on the forum. I've recently purchased this motherboard made by tyan s2099 Trinity i845e. In the manual it says that it supports ddr266 ram and thats exactly what i bought but when i put in the memory, the computer won't boot. It gives me a long beep and then goes crazy. the memory is made by samsung pc2100r. i have two sticks of 512. Any suggestions?

You probably got bad sticks. Try testing one stick at a time, if you have more than one. Or try them in different slots.

yea i've tried. I've read something about the voltage. i'm sorry if i'm using incorrect vocabulary. on the memory stick, it says cl2.5 ecc does that mean that it operates at 2.5 volts? I believe my mobo's memory slot is 2.2v.

I've tried each stick in each slot separately. I guess i do have some bad sticks. I wonder if i brought the sticks to a computer shop and let them try to install it on one of their systems to see if it is really bad sticks. Hopefully they won't charge me.

Well, it seems that motherboard is a (non-ecc) motherboard. Which means it's ment to run with (non-ecc) ram. But, I did find a spec. that said, "It will run with ecc ram but won't use the ecc funtion.

I'm not sure... It might be an ecc issue. Because that ram you bought it ecc.

ECC = Error Correcting Code or Error Checking and Correcting. It's mainly used in servers.

is there such a thing about ecc ram buffered? Because it says in the manual that it recommends using only unbuffered ecc or non-ecc memory. It doesn't state on the memory that i have that if its unbuffered or not but it does say ecc on it. And yes i think that this memory was pulled from a server. I should have visited the forums before i did something stupid like this. Wasted a good 100 bucks

I believe that you've found your problem.

PC2100(r) means registered ecc. Probably not compatible with your motherboard. You could get away with (unbuffered ecc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom