Memory Frequency, ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a screenshot of the memory tab of that program you gave me. I see it says single channel. All that I would need to do to make it dual channel is changed the memory so they're in the slots of the same color?

sry dude, but can you please read our posts? this question has been answered 4 times already.

they should be in either both yellow slots or both black slots for dual channel.

for your ram to work in dual channel, your 2 ram stick have to be in either the yellow slots (1 and 3) or the black slots (2 and 4)

They should be installed in slots 1 &3 or slots 2 & 4, and the slots should be color coded as per Muffin Man post.

i know, you already said you had them in slots 1 and 2, and both me and Slay are telling you that for the ram to work in dual channel, they need to be in slots 1 and 3 (both the yellow slots) or 2 and 4 (both the black slots).

the way you have it set up right now with your ram in slots 1 and 2 (yellow and black slot), the ram will only work in single channel, not dual.

your other question,
Another thing is that the DRAM Frequency is 534.3ghz. I changed the ram frequency in the bios to 1066...why doesn't the program give me the same number?

DDR2 SDRAM - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ddr = double data rate

what you see in cpuz is the freq. and to get the actual mhz speed you multiply the freq. x 2.

if you round up, your ram is running @ 1069mhz.

I realized you've answered that question but I was just making sure there was nothing else I had to do. Anyways, thanks for the help, i will switch the ram sometime this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom