Originally posted by Orayn
- I'm using an Antec P-180 Case and a Sparkle FSP 550 PSU.
- I'm completely clueless when it comes to my motherboard. I don't really need/want SLI, though.
- I'd like either 1 or 2 gigs of high-quality RAM.
- My HDD should be around 160GB.
- I've got my heart set on a 7900 GT.
- I also need a recommendation for a monitor. (Preferably LCD, 8ms response, 17" or smaller, DVI connection.)
No links but here are some general suggestions you should consider.
7900 = bad wait for a G80 or get a cheap video card perhaps 64 Megs of memory to hold yourself over till they the G80 are released.
High Quality RAM is really only for ECC and OCing low quality isn't as bad as it sounds and may suit you fine.
CRTs are cheaper if you use LCD also note that DIV cables do not improve quality that much and are expensive. But Samsung SyncMaster is a good series.
Make sure your hard drive is SATA or SATA2