is it me or the pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

noxarcana

In Runtime
EDIT #2 : I guess my optical drive was broken. I used one from my old computer and everything is working, Lol. But now i have one question (hopefully last)

Before i install windows, i want to partition it so its seperated from my games. How much space should i partition to just install windows on it?

Thanks, Ted

ooh... I'll need help when i partition my drives! ive gotta 250. so after format it will be in wierd kbs right? I basically want:

C: left over space for program and OS (10-15 GB after format)
D: Games (80 GB)
E: Storage (150 GB)

How do i make drives EXACT GB's. I want those to be exacts and then the OS to be whatevers left over (10-15GB)

so you you have to take 80 persay and x 1024 x 1024 and that will give you the exact KB # to partion? So...

83886080 KB = 80GB
146800640KB = 140GB

There won't be a total of 250GB available after formating will there...More like...238GB eh? (250000000KB or something right?) so that would leave...

250000000 minus those partitions in KB = 19313280KB = 18.42GB for OS and other programs.

IS that all correct?!

k i got it, i put 18 GB in the windows one. and then split the rest into 2 100GB ones.

I had a 250GB hdd.

Thanks for the input, i will try to get pics and put specs up here, but i have to go to work. I still have to format the 2 other drives, but after that, im done and then i will play some games lol.

So your 250GB formated to 218? eeek. How does it look in the bios, I can't even remember.

So after the drive is formatted, it gives me a MB value correct?

Then you multiply your desired GB size by 1024 to find out how many MBs you need to partition?

Getting the "left over part" around 10-20GB is just guess and check then because it depends on how much space you used for the other partitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom