Which MB to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um...Go with a 965 chipset if you want high FSB for overclock and don't NEED SLI either. Such as the DS3, P5B-E, P5B Deluxe.

The 680i is a waste of money IMO as the 650i performs actually better in SLI than the 680i...a few less features for like 60 bucks less sounds like a good deal to me.

i would say a ds3 would go nicely with ur build. if goin sli, for the nforce mb i would say 650i would be just as good since there is no real benefit having 16x sli over 8x. the only real difference is in the features the 680i brings.

The 680i is a waste of money IMO as the 650i performs actually better in SLI than the 680i...a few less features for like 60 bucks less sounds like a good deal to me.

Can anyone actually tell me the differences in "features" that the 680i has that the 650i does not? Thanks.

The 680i compared to 650i, usually has dual gigabit lan, supports full SLI x16, more SATA, USB, and audio ports. And I think, although I'm not sure....native 1333MHz support.

The 680i compared to 650i, usually has dual gigabit lan, supports full SLI x16, more SATA, USB, and audio ports. And I think, although I'm not sure....native 1333MHz support.

Yes all of that is correct. However Most people would not need dual gigabit lan ports, any extra USB or SATA, and with the 8800GTX's Full x16 SLI isn't even used yet.

The only thing that really makes it worth it slightly is it's 1333mhz FSB native support for future chips....however I wouldn't make that my deciding factor really at all.

Nvidia nForce 650i SLI vs. nForce 680i SLI - TechSpot
Review comparing the two. I went with a 680i because IMO spend more money now to save later. I got the 1333mhz FSB so I won't have to upgrade. It is true however, 8x SLI at this point in time does not offer any performance advantage over 16x, plus SLI in genral is worthless with cards like 8800GTX. I dunno, I'd listen to Sora and go with DS3 or P5B-E/deluxe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom