which mb is better? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 03:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default which mb is better?

this one:

Newegg.com - ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

or this one:

Newegg.com - DFI LP LT X38-T2R LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

i will be overclocking and wanna get a mb that overclocks really well

Old 06-26-2008, 08:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to gurusan
Default Re: which mb is better?

They are both good clocking mobos but the DFI has tons more overclocking options as well as a few features that make it more future proof (PCI-E 2.0 and such).

T

|| 37" LCD TV || CM Hyper 212+ || Samsung 2.1 Soundbar ||
Old 06-26-2008, 09:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

agreed. the DFI is better. but for the price difference... i don't know if i could justify the DFI..
A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Newegg.com - DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

You could always get that
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Old 06-26-2008, 11:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Newegg.com - DFI LANPARTY DK X48-T2RS LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Get this one instead. It has the silentpipe cooling for the NB rather than the huge upright cooler. All of the reviews i have read say that the cooler that comes with the LT make using a big aftermarket cpu cooler almost impossible.

Yes i spent most of my day yesterday researching DFI boards because i plan on going crossfire
Old 06-26-2008, 12:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

mmm. crossfire is fun and are you gonna get some 4870's?
A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Thats the plan.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

when is this gonna happen? And is your WC loop gonna be the gfx cards too?

Old 06-26-2008, 01:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

Newegg.com - DFI LANPARTY DK X48-T2RS LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Closed Thread