Maybe SLI isn't all that bad..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
at higher resolutions its incredibly easy to tell the difference between 30 and 60.. and we've had the human eye stuff a couple times now, it can sense up to about 200 i think it was... i forgot who posted it.. but i was long ago.. cuz i know i hate going under 60, its very noticeable for me.. which is why i'm considering sli

50Fps is fine for most FPS, its not so much seeing the difference at lower fps (although you can) its more that it feels sluggish, playing an fps at 25 fps feels like you're wadeing through treacle.

Anyone who says you can't tell the difference between 25fps and 60 fps is obviously not a serious gamer, and should probably see a doctor..

i know dude what im trying to say that its not as bad as people make it out to be....

most people acknowledge its advantages which are few for the price point. the topic of fps has been absolutely killed, over and over on this forum. do a search people. for the record, NTSC video is something like 29.97 FPS with motion blur while PAL is 25 FPS with motion blur. you need at least double that FPS for a game to appear smoothe as they do not use motion blur, however that does not mean the eye can't detect the difference between say 50fps and 150fps. it just says that 50-60fps shoulod appear smoothe. the human eye is believed to be able to process well over 200fps but that is difficult to prove.

edit: also the higher the resolution/screen size the higher the FPS desired will be. i used to find 30-40fps acceptable but with my 19" flat screen anything below 50fps bugs the heck out of me

I hate FPS below 60 and i can tell, i upgraded from a ATI mobility 9000 IGP graphics to an X1900XT.

THe human eye can see well over 200 FPS, there was an article i read about it, an air force pilot was shown a series of white frames and one of those frames had a photo of an Aircraft, the frames where at 200FPS and he couold identify the Aircraft and model. So there u have it. The human eye is based on constant stream of light. so that that comment on the human eye cant detect more than 40 fps is pure ****, i can easily tell the difference. even beyond 100. This is fact btw.

the only reason movies are only at 25fps (or something like that) is because they blurr the frames together so it will seem smooth, video games haven't achieved this yet so in a game you can definatly tell the diffrence between 25-70 fps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom