Maybe SLI isn't all that bad..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

odysseus

In Runtime
Hey i was just browsing cnet and i saw that they reviewed some of the new graphics cards by nVidia and ATI..... Also the SLI'ied versions showed considerable improvement in the FPS department; for example the 7900GT SLI in a F.E.A.R test had an average of 58 FPS compared to one which had an average of 32 at 1,600x1,200 resolution.......

Im not saying SLI is suddendly worth it, but it might be worth the trouble if you can get a seccond card of eBay for a cheap price.....

What say u gente?

cnets review of the GeForce 7900GT
(http://reviews.cnet.com/Nvidia_GeForce_7900_GT_256MB/4505-8902_7-31768915-2.html?tag=nav)

Your visual field is 20-25 fps max. It's only important if you like to look good at a LAN party or you've entered a benchmark contest. You can OC a 7900gt and get 45 FPS on FEAR which I do with my BFG 7900GT. So I can see no point to it.

i dont think thats true, the visual field part, i've seen people contest that in other posts. do u have any proof? ( not calling you a liar, just want to know for sure).

i know dude what im trying to say that its not as bad as people make it out to be....

It depends on the game for me....if playing a fast paced online FPS like quake or something I can't stand for the frames to dip below 55 or so.

Yea, I've heard things where your eyes can't tell a difference between 30 fps and 70 fps. I don't believe that because I can tell quite easily. My friend was playing cs and it was locked at 70 fps, then he got mad because it wasn't right, so he found out it was at 70 instead of 100 and changed it to 100. I could tell the difference right away. Very noticeable.

FEAR was pretty much the only game in the benchmark that had a NICE benefit from using SLI. Too me unless you have some money, it'll still be a better alternative in the long run to buy one of a better card and eventually use SLI/Crossfire.

Your visual field is 20-25 fps max. It's only important if you like to look good at a LAN party or you've entered a benchmark contest. You can OC a 7900gt and get 45 FPS on FEAR which I do with my BFG 7900GT. So I can see no point to it.

Start up Counter-Strike 1.6

Set fps_max 20-25 in console and tell me you do not see a difference.

I know that movies are at something like 13fps, or that's what I was told. But you can tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps.

no movies run at 24 fps for that dreamy feel to it. it's true you can't tell the difference anything over 30-40 fps but you can feel the diff. like when you watch cinematics in games, it oculd be going from 30-100 but you coudn't tell the difference because your not playing but if you were you could

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom