Maybe it's not alive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalliArt882

Daemon Poster
Ok. After installing the latest BF2142 patch from ea.com, I decided it was time to get my music from my old rig and put it on the new one on my sig. Since I only have one monitor, I had to shutdown the new one, and unplug it ect. to get the old rig in.

So, I got on my old rig, and transferred all of my old songs to the mobile HDD my mom let me burrow. No problem.

After that, I plugged my new rig back in, flipped the power switch on the back, turned on the button, and it booted. But, when Windows pops up, you see the scrolling bar at the beginning stop after about 5 sec. Then, nothing happens. The system just idles, frozen.

I tried restarting and doing a system restore, but that scroll bar will still pop up and freeze when it restarts. I tried safemode, and that does work. But I wouldn't know how to fix anything while in safe mode. And you can't do anything in safe mode anyway.

I don't know what caused this problem. All I know is that the most recent thing I've done was install the BF2142 patch, and that's just because I had to do it.

The BIOS does work, however. CPU temps float around 30c when not under heavy load, so that's fine. If you need me to do anything in the BIOS, I'd recommend you give detailed instructions, as I have never really used BIOS until now, and I know little about it.

If I can't figure out something today, I may end up hauling this $1,500 worth of stuff I can't use to a shop and let them look at it...

Well I had the same problem when I first got my rig going, only difference was that it would do it at shutdown. Just reinstalling windows fixed it for me.

Fixed. I did a system restore to last night, rather than restoring to right after installing the BF2142 patch like I did before. I lost all my drivers and sound configurations, but I just fixed it. Now, I'm blasting Linkin Park on these three year old Altec Lansings and I can still tell a few big difference. I'm going to order Z-5500s next week.

That makes me wonder. This makes me believe that the BF2142 patch is the culprit of windows not starting properly. I have everything back on this rig except for that patch, and it is running smooth and stable once again. Can patches really screw up your system like that? Very strange...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom