maximus formula question

Status
Not open for further replies.
depends on what you want it for. If you want to OC a q6600 the max is probably better. but if you are OCing a e8400 (or anything else that you plan on going above 500fsb) then the gt is better. because it has the ability to change the fsb:dramfreq ratio

depends on what you want it for. If you want to OC a q6600 the max is probably better. but if you are OCing a e8400 (or anything else that you plan on going above 500fsb) then the gt is better. because it has the ability to change the fsb:dramfreq ratio

what are you talking about you can do that on the maximus formula.

show me a picture of unlinking the ram and fsb. Because I can't. I would love to be able to do that. I could get a better super pi score. When I go above 500 fsb, I cant lower my ram speed below ddr2-1000.

And I posted a whole thread about it earlier, and someone cited an article about some of the x38 boards not being able to change the ratio. So please, i would love to know how! I can OC higher!

i dont have a camera to do so, woudlt u want a 1 to one comparison with your ram/fsb anyway, i can take mine down to like 350mhz from 800 and bring it up to like 1500mhz

What setting did you change to be able to unlink them?

What bios do you have?

because when I up my fsb past 400, I can no longer lower my ram past ddr2-800 and so on..

well when you get a chance please look. and check your bios(like what they are) because I looked many many many times for a "unlink" or something to that degree, and I am not dumb... so I thought I would have found it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom