E6750
3GB DDR2 800
750W PSU
MSI P6N-SLI Platinum
250GB HDD
Apevia Case
DVD Burner

$1150 shipped - $1065 after rebates.

Well you can never trust all Rosewill's so yes just becuase it looks good doesn't mean anything and you could go wrong. However that is a good model of Rosewill, i would have purchased a 520HX at that price though since thats all you would need.

"can't go wrong" meaning it's a good product and we didn't waste too much money even if it's overkill.

He's psyched. Should be able to tweak crysis to some darn high frames at native resolution.

So it's all up and running, but OCing has been very hard; the FSB seems to really be messing with us. We can't hit 1600, but we can hit 1700, etc.

We managed to boot up and run a full bench of Crysis @ 3.4GHz, but reboots were hit or miss. Amazingly the temps were very low (30C) with 1.45V on the core.

He only got 10,500 in 3DM06 at 2.66GHz though. Low for SLI GT's. It crashed (BSOD) when we tried at 3.4GHz.

A bios update is definitely in need, but overall the whole system seems underpowered for dual 8800GT's.

Well you can never trust all Rosewill's so yes just becuase it looks good doesn't mean anything and you could go wrong. However that is a good model of Rosewill, i would have purchased a 520HX at that price though since thats all you would need.

the rosewill extreme's work extremely well.. mgcook here has one and ran 2 hdd's an 8800ultra a q6600 and a 680i w 2gb of ram just fine... still chuggin' on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom