matching fans to MB before purchase - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2018, 11:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default matching fans to MB before purchase

Hi All,
My MB:
GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI (rev. 1.0)
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard...WIFI-rev-10#kf

This MB has 2 "Hybrid Fan Headers" and also feature "Smart Fan 5" - What is the difference between them? I want to connect 3 units of "Corsair LL120 Dual Light Loop RGB" and 2 more cheaper fans (if they can be RGB as well, even better). How can I connect all of them? do I need some sort of adapters? Will I be able to control the RGB with the MB?

I know that my questions are basic, that's why I'm reaching you guys before I make the purchase.

Thanks ahead.

Old 03-09-2018, 05:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Build Guru

Default Re: matching fans to MB before purchase

Pretty sure the fans needs to be controlled by the Corsair controller. You can always just get a hub and call it a day.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 04:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Does the hub need to be branded as the fans? Can I buy any hub and I will able to control the RGB on all the fans?
Old 03-10-2018, 12:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Build Guru

From what I can gather these fans come in a pack and require the Lightning Node Pro. THey have an additional 4 pin connector aside from the fan PWM connector to power the lighting and control it. On the sake of safety and not wasting money one could assume they are only compatible with their own node. The fans can be controller by any 4 pin PWM hub.

If you're buying the triple pack of Corsair fans it comes with everything you need to run the fans and the RGB. Judging by the package contents on Amazon it looks like it comes with a 6 port fan hub as well so you should be alright with just that package.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote