Making a Black build, parts help wanted

not to start an argument but yes they have BLACK pcb ram, they just came out from pax east, youtube it.

I never said they didn't. Actually, I even mentioned that they were going to be released soon, and that all of Corsair's Dominator series has black PCB. What I DID say was that the heatspreaders aren't all black, and that it's impossible to buy everything that is completely black. You will have to bust out the paint to make everything 100% black. If not, then pointless to disregard good hardware just because every inch isn't 100% black. I also showed you exactly what that Beast RAM will look like. The heatspreaders still have white and red on them, and the other side has a big white sticker on it. There is absolutely no difference between the two sets besides black PCB. How would I know? Because I asked Kingston to send me a set to review next to these and they said they are 100% the same kit besides on a black PCB.

I have to tell you, the 650D while extremely nice and quality, sucks for cooling.

Even with my H100 my temps aren't as good as my old Antec 900 and noctua nh-12.

If you get the side mesh insert, it probably will be better.

Corsair sells the panel for 15 buck... But if youre not in the US, shipping is $34 !

He's got a 2500 dollar budget man. He wants an extreme high end gamer lol.

Hmm, not trying to pick a fight with you on this, but why are you so damn keen on a intel build constantly man ?
Why not build yourself a am3+ machine for yourself and "test" it througly and see what its like ?
Its not slow at all and it does as much as intels current lineup if not better. :/
Reason I don't buy intel cpu/motherboard is the high price tag mind you I don't like intels customer service if the thing should fail.
When I posted yesterday didn't see your post until now.
Was busy cleaning up and cooking most of the day. :\

I rather he take you're psu and ram and possibly vga and use it with my build.
High end gaming or not, 2500 bucks is bit overkill.
1000 bucks+ yeah I can understand, but not all of us are rich hogs on this economy.

Last edited:
I have to tell you, the 650D while extremely nice and quality, sucks for cooling.

Even with my H100 my temps aren't as good as my old Antec 900 and noctua nh-12.

If you get the side mesh insert, it probably will be better.

Corsair sells the panel for 15 buck... But if youre not in the US, shipping is $34 !

I picked up a couple of the Corsair 500R's a few weeks ago [only $34 each, if I remember correctly] and was deeply impressed with the layout and engineering. Cooling appears to be excellent.

Posting some pics of one of the computers I built two weeks ago. I really like this case.

Soar

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 4
I wanted a blacked out theme, Idk why, but it sounded cool
That's fine, but try to realize that there just aren't parts out there that are 100% black.

Hmm, not trying to pick a fight with you on this, but why are you so damn keen on a intel build constantly man ?
Why not build yourself a am3+ machine for yourself and "test" it througly and see what its like ?
Its not slow at all and it does as much as intels current lineup if not better. :/
Reason I don't buy intel cpu/motherboard is the high price tag mind you I don't like intels customer service if the thing should fail.
When I posted yesterday didn't see your post until now.
Was busy cleaning up and cooking most of the day. :\

I rather he take you're psu and ram and possibly vga and use it with my build.
High end gaming or not, 2500 bucks is bit overkill.
1000 bucks+ yeah I can understand, but not all of us are rich hogs on this economy.
Because the only decent AMD CPU for any kind of "power" rig is the 8350 and for the budget of this "high end" gaming rig there is no point in getting that CPU. I have played with tons of FX CPUs, and owned many Phenom and Athlon CPUs. I know exactly what they are capable of.

The 3570k is almost 200 bucks even, and motherboards that are great around 100. That isn't a high price tag, and right in AMD territory. IIRC to have a motherboard that is decent for AMD it will be closer to 200 bucks making it rather even. The only high priced Intel CPUs around are the SB-E and the performance is worth it IMO.

I give people a performance PC based on their budget and the purpose. Most all of the time that can be filled with an Intel CPU. Especially if it's for gaming.

I picked up a couple of the Corsair 500R's a few weeks ago [only $34 each, if I remember correctly] and was deeply impressed with the layout and engineering. Cooling appears to be excellent.

Posting some pics of one of the computers I built two weeks ago. I really like this case.

Soar

Yha you got the side fan... 650D don't :(

Yha you got the side fan... 650D don't :(

Patonb,

That Corsair 650D is one heck of a good case. I was just looking at it and I found it quite impressive.

Maybe you could modify the plastic window by drilling vent holes, then add your own
fan? Or perhaps Corsair manufactures a special side door that includes the holes and vents for a fan...

Either way, the 650d is impressive...Wow!

Soar

That's fine, but try to realize that there just aren't parts out there that are 100% black.

Because the only decent AMD CPU for any kind of "power" rig is the 8350 and for

You can stop right there and not say another word about amd cpu's again.
Only one cpu is 8350 ? do you know what I'm using on my motherboard socket right now ?
I don't even need something that high end to game too well.
If my gt520 wasn't so jacked on a few mmo games I'd be happy as a hog in a mud pit.

Not saying that intel is good at all, I'm telling you for a fact amd fx line up has been pretty sweet.
Was going to get the amd six core, but I said **** that and lets see about 4100 series.
90.00 brand new retail and kicks up to 4.8ghz, I leave it right at 4.0ghz.
No heat, no fuss just works and games too good.
I want him to look into the amd series, yes I am aware there are some craptastic motherboard makers for amd.
But not all of them are bad, msi I still prefer, but mostly I prefer gigabyte if any.

I could build better machines then you could with intel or amd with a set goal and price range in mind.
But I'm a good thugster and I let you handle 1 million flood this site sees.
This old man, prefers the trouble shooting forum. >_>
Have a nice one mguire. :)

Pretty sure you misread what I typed.

Because the only decent AMD CPU for any kind of "power" rig is the 8350 and for
There is no justifiable cause to put an inferior CPU in a machine with a budget that can afford the best mainstream Intel CPU and the highest end single GPU setup. In that case, he could even afford a 3930k and a 680 or two. Why would I buy an FX dual core when I can buy a proper dual core? The only thing that ALL FX series CPUs has is they can all be overclocked, but their memory bandwidth and IPC lack so far behind that it's not worth all the extra heat and power consumption to crank them up.

The 4100 for gaming is slower than a Phenom 2 which is slower than a first gen Core i series CPU. Now think about how much faster an Ivy Bridge (3rd gen) is in a gaming rig compared to the 4100. In other words, an i3 3220 is going to walk all over any lower end FX CPU in any gaming situation. Point and case, exactly WHY I prefer Intel CPUs in a gaming rig. The whole reason I spent about 4 hours of my time benching and making that article back in October that is stickied at the top of this sub-forum.
When you take into consideration that any decent AMD board is going to be pushing 200 bucks (189/179 for a decent 990FX) you can take that same money and buy an i3 3220 and a B75 board and do the exact same thing, for the exact same budget, but faster.

The only thing AMD has good going for them is the APU line up which is a niche product. I recommend those in the proper builds that they are meant for and some low budget gaming machines simply because you cannot beat 100 bucks for a quad and a GPU in one.

No, I'm pretty sure I take the cake where building rigs here is concerned. It's why I practically took over this sub-forum and I think the others agree. If anybody wants to step up to the plate then so be it, but this is practically all I do all day every day. Look at benchmarks, memorize statistics, memorize prices, and budget builds up. I can reply so quickly because I have 3 budget categories listed on Newegg and slightly modify them for each person who posts. If anybody else wants to take the time to do this then I will retire.

Back
Top Bottom