Making a Black build, parts help wanted

You should find a black case with a clear siding or and front. Why else have everything black. Plus I don't see why have green PCB's with black covers is so bad. PP MGuire's picture looks good. Plus I understand its your wants, but nothing is ever perfect. Just saying. Also your compositors will not be black and you cannot paint them.

The biggest issue is Corsair has that stupid 20mm fan. I looked last year and there was no solution without moving/modding the HD Cages, as all 20mm fans were only 50cfm.

But it now seems those Bitfenix Pros can actually squeeze in and are 147cfm. So it looks like I will be getting a new fan.
CM has the same problem, as their fans are **** and proprietary. The Bitfenix isn't a direct match, but 3 holes aligned and it doesn't wobble or make noise so I'm good. Just gotta be creative as it appears all 200mm fans are proprietary which is absolutely stupid. I figured wth, I paid 17 bucks for this damn fan, it's going to fit no matter what.

You should find a black case with a clear siding or and front. Why else have everything black. Plus I don't see why have green PCB's with black covers is so bad. PP MGuire's picture looks good. Plus I understand its your wants, but nothing is ever perfect. Just saying. Also your compositors will not be black and you cannot paint them.
That's what I was trying to explain. The rig I made up is like 90% black, and tried explaining that you wont get everything 100% black unless you dig out the paint. Besides, the gold caps give it a real nice contrast without too much bling IMO.

Even though I think OP is gone, come on. This looks great. There are only 2 things I would change. Make the PCH heatsink passive and straight black, and move the 8 pin connector.

DSCN2427.jpg

Back
Top Bottom