Mail in rebate decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
so my thermaltake armor full tower case and corsair 620 HX PSU are coming tomorrow...still don't have a mobo, processor, or any of the DVD drives or hard drives so I can't build it together. Problem is the 25 dollar and 20 dollar mail in rebates are due 20 days after purchase ( meaning when I ordered not when I recieved I'm guessing ), so I doubt I can get my other stuff in time to put them together and test the system. Should I just risk sending the mail in rebates? ( for those of you who don't know, when you send in the mail in rebate it requires the original UPC code on the box meaning if the item is DOA or defective you can no longer return it after sending in the rebate ) What are the chances I will get a defective PSU and Case?

For the case, I think rarely. The PSU being Corsair, and a very high quality product, you should have nothing to worry about.

yeah i agree. i would go ahead and send them. i never get my rebates from evga, for the same reason. once you hack off that upc, its yours unconditionally.

Depends on when your other stuff is coming in. Does the rebate only need to be post marked 20 days after purchase and will your other stuff arrive in less than 20 days. I always hated the whole rebate thing, basically they tempt you with a good price thru a 'rebate' then make it hard to get so you either give up or forget about it.

MIR suck. Half the time I forget to fill them out.

Open up your PSU and put it in the computer you're using now till your other stuff comes. If it works for a week you should be passed the chance failure period that occurs in the beginning of a product life cycle.

Yea...that's what I do, with a product for MIR. I just got my Ballistix memory, and I'm using it now to test, before I send in the MIR.

I had the same problem.... but the computers I have are so old I can't test ANY of my hardware that I just bought, but I took a chance and sent all my MIR's in.

For the case, I think rarely. The PSU being Corsair, and a very high quality product, you should have nothing to worry about.

well the case Im not too worried about since the only way a case can be defective is if it has its side kicked in? and I should be able to spot something like that...if any of the fans are defective its no big deal they will probably send me a replacement. I'll take your advice b1gap, but I'm blaiming you if it is defective :p

well my Case is fine I inspected it...I'm still fearing the PSU being DOA, I have it but I can't test it and need to send in the mail in rebate soon before it expires. Anyone else think i should just take the risk and send in the 20 dollar rebate for a 147 dollar PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom