Mac or Windows?

glitchhacker99

Solid State Member
i have been a mac user for the last couple of years, i am getting a new computer soon, and since macs are so expensive i was thinking of getting a windows. How difficult would it be to make the change from mac to pc? also i like playing games (light games) such as minecraft, garrys mod, tf2 and i also wanna run screen flow to record my games (sometimes). I also edit video (FCP, AF) for the price would it be better to get a windows? also should i get a laptop or desktop? price limit: $850.00
Thanks.

A Windows desktop will always cost less than a Mac and is more functional for the price. A Windows desktop will also give you more performance for the price than a laptop. If you are comfortable with building your own computer then that is where you can get the most performance for your budget.

"More functional" is in the eye of the beholder...

I can certainly do more with my PC and easier with more choices in programs than a Mac. I've been both sides of the coin and know what Macs are capable of and the software available to them. That is until we start talking about putting Windows on the overpriced PC called a Mac, or putting OS-X on a PC.

A Windows desktop will always cost less than a Mac and is more functional for the price. A Windows desktop will also give you more performance for the price than a laptop. If you are comfortable with building your own computer then that is where you can get the most performance for your budget.

I don't think it would be able to build my own computer, but if i was going to buy a computer, what would be the best place to buy it?

I can certainly do more with my PC and easier with more choices in programs than a Mac. I've been both sides of the coin and know what Macs are capable of and the software available to them. That is until we start talking about putting Windows on the overpriced PC called a Mac, or putting OS-X on a PC.

Give me a break.

I could say a Porsche is overpriced and that my Ford Focus can do everything a Porsche can do. It's just a car, after all. It goes, it turns, it stops.
But the fact remains that the Porsche is a much better car. People who own Porsches have a better ownership experience because it is a higher quality machine to begin with.

In any event, it doesn't matter.
If you wanted to buy a pre-built PC and operate it in the same manner that you could a Mac, you'd easily spend past the price difference just to buy software that comes close to all the productivity apps that come with a Mac. Microsoft doesn't have the wherewithal to build a powerful user-friendly suite of apps like iLife. They can barely build an OS for crying out loud.

Give me a break.

I could say a Porsche is overpriced and that my Ford Focus can do everything a Porsche can do. It's just a car, after all. It goes, it turns, it stops.
But the fact remains that the Porsche is a much better car. People who own Porsches have a better ownership experience because it is a higher quality machine to begin with.

In any event, it doesn't matter.
If you wanted to buy a pre-built PC and operate it in the same manner that you could a Mac, you'd easily spend past the price difference just to buy software that comes close to all the productivity apps that come with a Mac. Microsoft doesn't have the wherewithal to build a powerful user-friendly suite of apps like iLife. They can barely build an OS for crying out loud.
No offense man, but take your fanboy crap somewhere else. We don't need crap like iLife, or anything of the other iCrap used in Mac OS. Mac OS is good for one thing, simplicity, that's it. There are a very FEW programs that Mac has like Garage Band but there are alternatives on the PC. Considering a Mac uses the exact same hardware as a PC with a BSD based OS made for people who like simple, then yes it's an overpriced PC no matter how bad you want to make an analogy saying it isn't. Most people who want the apple pie called PC like to make their own pie to their liking. Not be forced fed and have somebody else hold the bib too.

A Mac PC isn't a "better quality" machine. If I spent 2 grand on a PC I built myself I'm my own quality control, and with that amount of cash can build a better performing PC with ALL quality parts to my liking. Hell, If I wanted Mac OSX on it, I could do that too. Woopty freakin do, where is your Mac superiority now? In your head. :rolleyes:

And don't even start with the "if you owned one or tried one you would be talking different". Rubbish. I have, and there isn't anything different besides a name, an OS, and a price.

Back
Top Bottom