Ma Build Howz it Lookin

Status
Not open for further replies.

kahlos

In Runtime
Hey
Just wanderin on what you thought about this comp I was gonna build for a mate. He's got a mid-range budget £800-£900 and he likes sound over graphics but likes graphics as well.

1. X800GTO2
2. Opteron 165 Duel Core
3. 2 X 1GB Crosair Value Select RAM
4. Antec P180 Case
5. Coolermaster Real Power 550W SLI PSU
6. NEC 4400 DVD Writer
7. Asus A8R-MVP Mobo
8. Arctic Cooling ATI Silencer 5
9. Big Typhoon CPU cooler
10. X-FI Sound card
11. Logitech Z-5500 Speakers
12. 2x WD2500KS Caviar SE 250GB Hard Drives (RAID 0)

So hows that look. Costs about £850.

speaking of "duel" core.....its actually dual ( i know you'll see this fghtnirshnvrdi...hahah)

Looks...ehhh....

Get a nvidia like a 7800GT or a 6800GT. ati is crap because they won't update drivers, and that card blows anyway.
Overclock the opty to like 2.4GHz when you get it
Buy an antec truepower 550 II instead
Never heard of that board...
Check out the zalman copper gpu cooler

But deff ditch taht card...becuase can you say bottleneck?

I'd go with a 6800 GS
The Big Typhoon is good.
Get a new mobo no need for SLI or Crossfire
And you could get an Antec TP-II 480 watt psu or an Antec SP-II 500 watt psu

Nah The GTO2 OC is just as good as the X850XTPE. Which is pritty good. Then i was gonna get another when needed. Crossfires supposed to be pritty good. The ATI drivers are good. They are pritty much on par with nivida in open GL and rule direct x. I'll wait to get 2nd card. Then it won't bottleneck. 2 X850XTPE's should be better than the 7800GTX. And thats pritty much the best you can get. I may get the Antec Truepower though. Forgot to mention that i'm OCing. The zalman isn't any good the ATI silencer is deffinatly the best and the quitest. I should be able to get the Optey up to 2.7 with my cooler and some memory dividers. The GTO2's deffinatly staying the best bang for buck card in exsistance. The mobo's the best for crossfire and has everything needed and performs pritty well.
Oh and susshh i'm not good at spellin and especially when typing fast

no the x800gto2 is good you just need to flash it to a x850xtpe and oc it some. ive been reading osme reviews on newegg saying that the newwer version of the cards are now shipping with all the 16 pipes unlocked

i cant stand how products are artificially "not as good" when it simply takes some unlocking to make it better. What kind of crap is that anyway?

"Well Mr.Johnson, for an extra $400 well unlock your new car's rear doors as well!"

They're simply selling performance/status and not a product. Since when did anyone ever build an airplane and "lock" the fuel lines to the other engine you clearly paid for?!

It is a kinda weird market move. But like already has been said they have decided to leave the pipelines unlocked as standard. I dunno what they were thinking when the sold the card with 12 pipelines. I suppose they wanted the X850XTPE to still sell :p. I've just recived the one i bought today and its awesom. Maybe not good enough to play F.E.A.R. with the grahics set really really high but it is still capable of playing everything else at full speed. :D . Just have to get another one i suppose :p

yea not all ATI's suck. i got me a X1900XT 512MB and it is very nice compared to my 7800GT. runs FEAR Maxed @ 1280x1024 >60FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom