M4A79 Deluxe AM2/AM2+/AM3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2009, 04:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Default M4A79 Deluxe AM2/AM2+/AM3

Alright, I just got the "ok" from my mother to order the ASUS M4A79 Deluxe mobo for my x-mas present. I have been looking at mobo's for a month or 2 now, and it seems to be an excellent board (also very expensive for an AMD board). Is there a different board that would suit me just as well for a lower cost or with a gpu combo? I do not have a GPU yet so that will be needed before i am able to use it.

I plan on overclocking as much as possible on an air cooled setup using the Sunbeam Core Contact HSF (will probably find a way to put a 2nd fan on it for push/pull) and the core contact is not definite just yet.
I would like the NB790 SB750 chipsets as I plan on having the board for a while and as i stated above, will be overclocking.
It must be am2+/am3 board so that i can use my phenom x4 9150e until i have enough money to upgrade that.
Will be in a HAF932 so size is not an issue.
More than 2 fan connections would be nice, but not absolutely necessary because Y cables aren't very expensive. I currently have 5 fans, I plan on getting one for bottom of case, and if i make cpu push/pull that will be 7 fans. Can you tell i like fans?
I currently have all 6 onboard usb ports used up (4 front panel usb, card reader, and wireless antenna)

I'm not a "gamer" but i enjoy playing games from time to time.
I plan on "playing" with a CAD program
I may be editing video's and such.

I'm more or less going for a "jack of all trades" that can OC with the best of 'em. I may be asking for too much, and some of these things are dependent on more than just the mobo, but as i see it the mobo is the foundation of the computer, and i want a solid foundation.
Did i pick the right one in the M4A79 deluxe?

I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other :crazy:
Old 11-05-2009, 07:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
muffin enthusiast
Default Re: M4A79 Deluxe AM2/AM2+/AM3

could take a look at these also.

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Newegg.com - ASUS M4A78-E AM2+/AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
Closed Thread