M Audio 5.1 Revolution High Definition Sound Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have this exact one n i have to warn u, dont get it! It only has one driver n that is from the CD n is the same on their official site, which is dated 2004.

i recommend Creative Labs, i only got it because i wanted another Christmas present so i wanted this one for cheaps is all. This sound card served me well, but when i rebuild to Vista Ultimate, i need a Creative Labs card. This is the one i want to get n yes has drivers for Vista:

Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail

I'd get either get M-audio, Creative or Emu. Depends on what you need it for. Audiophiles with tell you that M-audio have better ramdacs and sound more warm for music. Probably cause he switched to vista and that soundcard doesnt have support for it.

I think that's the gist of what he's saying.. as the latest drivers for the card are dated at 2004.

I am wondering if I should look into getting a sound card. My onboard sounds good in 5.1 but after looking at newegg and other sites I question if it can be even better. I am running Vista 64-bit and that seems to be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom