Low FSP on 3dmark after going to 3.2GHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Hm.... my FPS on 3d mark is now very very low. not so sure what could have caused this. i didnt OC my GPU, why is my FPS dropped from 60FPS to like 10FPS?

Is it because I OC'ed my CPU too high?

Edit: Okay i just set it back to 3.0GHz and its running fine, but at 3.2GHz its just decreasing my graphics performance.

Any ideas?

The OC is most likley too high, it causing memory read errors etc. when you OC to high. your system cant handle that speed thus the poor performance.

The OC is most likley too high, it causing memory read errors etc. when you OC to high. your system cant handle that speed thus the poor performance.

ah, but now its back to normal after rebooting it. Hopefully my games wont have the same result and it wont have lower fps. Ill test it again some other time to see what happens.

you may cause damage to your cpu, memory and other hardware running it at an unstable setting. this is not advised, an extra 200mhz isnt worth damaging your system.

well, i tested it in orthos and in everest too load temps is at 51C on both of them at about 2 hours of full load time both cores at 100%.

But when i go to um........ the BIOS, and look at the temp there, its at 40~41C is that the idle temp?

Right now just surfing the web my CPU temp is at 38C

its not just temp that you have to worry about. its the data transfer also, thats what is causing your poor fps. trying running super pi on 2m and maybe 4m and see what happens. if you get no errors when doing that you are most likely in ok shape.

when your in your bios you are looking at idle temp since nothing is runing.

software temp programs arent that accurate unless they are the ones that came with the mobo.

ok i did that super pi thing, i didnt even restart my pc so its up to its full capability but here it is....

i did both 2m and 4m are those good times?

download here Super PI Mod

you will see the options for how many places of pi you want it to calculate. what it does is stress you cpu by calculating the value of pi to x amount of megs of space.

EDIT* lol beat me to it. yea those are pretty good times and if you computer did give you any errors you are pretty much safe.

i tried all but the ones at 8m and higher. should i try it all?

Edit: 8M time at 3min 24.089 sec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom