Low budget and high budget Gaming builds advice needed - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2014, 10:24 PM   #21 (permalink)
Build Guru

Default Re: Low budget and high budget Gaming builds advice needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowbaconpain View Post
What kind of performance issues PP Mguire? I was thinking of using 3 displays in surround. Especially so I'm able to play my flight simulator too.
High graphics games will start to lag because you're adding a ton of extra horizontal resolution. Surround is also not properly supported in a lot of games.

To quote my friend who has 3 Asus 144Hz monitors and 780ti SLI "It's pretty much a big waste of money".

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:28 PM   #22 (permalink)
Newb Techie

So is there any way to calm down that horizontal resolution problem? I've seen gamers with 3 screens and they never lag or anything. Is another build recommended for that case?

Hollowbaconpain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:34 PM   #23 (permalink)
Build Guru

Default Re: Low budget and high budget Gaming builds advice needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowbaconpain View Post
So is there any way to calm down that horizontal resolution problem? I've seen gamers with 3 screens and they never lag or anything. Is another build recommended for that case?
They turn down settings, that's how they don't lag.

You can't change the horizontal resolution. 3 1080p screens spanned is 5760x1080 resolution compared to your standard 1920x1080. If you want to play high graphical games in Surround you'll need to turn down settings to get an acceptable framerate. That includes games like Crysis 3, Metro Last Light, BF4 just to name a few.

Other games won't give you so much trouble because the graphics fidelity isn't that high. Like most Source based games like CS:GO and older games. But when you get into older games you start having issues with Surround support cause like I said, not many games support it fully.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote