lots of psu's, which one to get..... - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 01:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

anyone is good, but the X2 will be better when you start stress testing it. no voltage fluctuations at all. if your still kind of confused visit this thread

http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...&enterthread=y

should teach you anything your wondering on psu's

X1800XL 512mb@X1800XT
2x 80g WD SATA
X-FI Platinum
Antec P180b
Old 08-21-2006, 01:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
The Water Cooling Guru

Wierd... From everything ive seen the only power supplies that have ever had any major problems in reviews have been ultra ones. And also, ive seen really bad voltage fluctutaions on ultra power supplies insome review. If i were you id go for the SIlverstone of the Hiper, both are excellent power supplies.

Finally... ANTEC makes excellent power supplies and are among the best on the market. Now they make not be the coolest looking, but they get the job done. Ive got a 350 watt antec running a

3.4 prescott, dfi mobo, 2 hdd, 6600gt, dual dvd burners, and all the little extras. Its a superb little power supply

Thanks!

The Official Tech Forums Water Cooling Informational Guide
Old 08-21-2006, 03:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to vipercrazed Send a message via Yahoo to vipercrazed

yea i tryed buying the hiper, and my credit card declined on a site ive had no problems with in the past(no not newegg or xoxide), maybe its tellign me not to get it...... duh duh dunnn

we'll see, o and i was reading reviews about the psu i have now and its supposed to be 430, but reviewer said 300 constant and 430 is only peak, lmao 300w! thats why my comp blue screens with cathodes and watercooling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when i do get a new psu i knwo to leave it just pluggedin for atleast 15 seconds. if longer will that make it any different? and should i leave it on for a couple days for the first time or is that actually bad to stress it in the beggining?
Old 08-21-2006, 07:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by aspire.comptech
Wierd... From everything ive seen the only power supplies that have ever had any major problems in reviews have been ultra ones. And also, ive seen really bad voltage fluctutaions on ultra power supplies insome review. If i were you id go for the SIlverstone of the Hiper, both are excellent power supplies.

Finally... ANTEC makes excellent power supplies and are among the best on the market. Now they make not be the coolest looking, but they get the job done. Ive got a 350 watt antec running a

3.4 prescott, dfi mobo, 2 hdd, 6600gt, dual dvd burners, and all the little extras. Its a superb little power supply
haha those were the first version of the ultra psu's. seconf of all ANTEC doesn't. go do a search on any other forum and you will see that they have really bad quality conrol because they insist on using bad caps in their psu's.

X1800XL 512mb@X1800XT
2x 80g WD SATA
X-FI Platinum
Antec P180b
Closed Thread