Looks like the HD 3870 is a dud

Status
Not open for further replies.
im just gonna copy n paste what i said in another thread instead of retyping it:

"people people............i know the HD 3850 n 3870 r having trouble in performance in games n.....i guess almost everything else but u guys got to remember one thing:

reviewers will review products right away with current drivers available at the time when the current driver itself doesnt fully recognize the model or card, thus not revealing the cards full potential.

i was somewhat surprised by these n other benchmarks ive seen, but no one has to put into conclusion that "Hey this new card performed worse then this one, im not getting it because itz tha suxxorz!" This is a bunch of bullcrap n should not be taken for grantide.

WAIT FOR NEWER DRIVERS PPL BEFORE MAKING SUCH HARSH CONCLUSIONS!!!

n no the 2900 Pro n XT was not much of a failure as u ppl think. U guys remember when newer drivers came out? It vastly improved the cards, but not enough. The cards even had enough juice to beat the 8800 GTS n a few cases with the GTX. If the Pro or XT were able to do this because of better drivers after when the cards were FIRST BENCHMARKED, then think about what the 3850, 3870, n 3870 x2 (R680) has in store.

im just pointing out what i see when benchmarks like graphics cards appear is all. Anyone else agree with me?"

Just for the record, im using the same driver that came out the day my GT was released and i have no problems. Why cant ATI do the same thing?

BTW THE WORD IS "AND" please use it.

Just for the record, im using the same driver that came out the day my GT was released and i have no problems. Why cant ATI do the same thing?

BTW THE WORD IS "AND" please use it.

i hardly use "and" online, just informal n formal to ppl face to face, one on one, mono e mono, etc.

anyways, do u agree with what posted?

i agree... ATi gets some good releases out there.. but usually its their drivers that are garbage at the beginning... so what i did when the Radeon 9250 came out (when i first bought the system) was get the 3rd Party Omega (i believe it was Radeon Omega?) ones.. until they had good drivers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom