Looking to upgrade video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Light45

Baseband Member
alright well i am currently running a HIS Radeon HD 4670 and this is a good card but i am just wanting to be able to play more games on high settings and this card wont let me so i was looking to upgrade to a different one i was thinking about the Diamond Radeon HD 5770 and in the future looking to buy another one to cross fire the two so i just wanted to know what you guys think about it and if its worth it and if your guys have any other videos cards that are around the same price as the 5770 i am going to an amd based build so looking for an ATi card

HIS Radeon HD 4670
Newegg.com - HIS H467QR1GH Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Diamond Radeon HD 5770
Newegg.com - DIAMOND 5770PE51G Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

ok the problem is that mobo is a 2.0 x16 PCI Express slot.. So would i be able to run the 2.1 x16 PCI card?

Yes, it will be backwards compatible. If you are going for either of those 58xx cards, go for the 5850. The 5830's price for performance is bleh.

im not sure, i dont think so, but i really dont know. someone who actually knows what they are talking about will be able to tell you haha

edit: see ^ haha

when you say backwards compatible what does that mean exactly?

It will work with older versions of PCIE lanes. The card says 2.1, so it will work in motherboards with PCIE2.1, 2.0, and 1.0. If you have 1.0 though you will see a good hit in performance. But you won't see a hit in performance on a PCIE2.0.

I just picked up a xfx 5770 and i am pretty impressed. All the games i play are buttery smooth at highest at 1920x1080. borderlands is honestly the biggest load i have put on it tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom