Looking to upgrade my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

35g700

rustle rustle
I've gotten sick of my CoolerMaster Centurion 590. I can't stand the hard drive bay and the air flow around my CPU isn't very good which is causing problems overclocking.

I've been out of the loop for a while, but I remember that one of the best cases on the market when I was in the loop was the Antec 900, however I've also heard good things about the CoolerMaster HAF. I'm not sure what case I should get but I need to have better air flow around the mosfets near my CPU because currently they get to hot and cause my OC to be unstable.

Thanks for the help :)

Here's a few:

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced RC-932-KKN5-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Compucase Case with USB 3.0 and Black Interior
1 x 140mm rear fan
1 x 230mm front red LED fan
1 x 230mm top fan
1 x 230mm side fan
$150, $130 after rebate

Newegg.com - Antec Twelve Hundred V3 Black Steel ATX Full Tower Unbeatable Gaming Case
3 x 120mm blue LED front fan with front speed control
2 x 120mm blue LED rear fan
(1 x window side panel 120 mm fan slot)
(1 x middle 120 mm fan bracket)
1 x 200mm top Big Boy 200&tradel blue LED fan
$160, $140 after rebate

Newegg.com - Corsair Graphite Series 600T CC600TM Mid-Tower Gaming Case
1 x 120 mm fan
2 x 200 mm white LED fans
$160, $140 after rebate

Newegg.com - Antec DF-85 Black ATX Full Tower Computer Case
2 x rear 120mm TwoCool red LED fans
3 x front 120mm red LED fans with speed control knobs
2 x top 140mm TwoCool fans
$155, $135 after rebate

Newegg.com - Antec Lanboy air Blue Black / Blue ATX Mid Tower Computer Modular Case
2 x front variable-speed 120 mm blue LED fans with stepless control knobs
1 x rear 120 mm TwoCool blue LED fan
2 x side 120 mm TwoCool blue LED fans for graphics cards cooling
$165, $140 after rebate

So far I like the HAF 932, the Antec DF-85, and the Lian-Li case that Fat.Clown suggested. I just wish I lived near some computer store that I could go to and actually look at the cases in person. Has anyone had any experience with either of the three cases?

I have the HAF 932 and I love it, don't get me wrong it is big (full tower) but it holds everything I have in there and it keeps it cool.
My place is crazy hot and still everything runs at respectable temps.
I don't have experience with the other ones but I love my case and if you have the room, I say go for it

Yeah, I'd definitely go with the HAF series. I recently purchased the HAF X, but I'm still awaiting for it to arrive >.>

ii'd personally go with Antec. the wiring management is a bit annoying, but totally worth the hassle. don't get me wrong, its a great system, i'm just impatient xP. LED's bother me a bit, and i don't really have an SSD to fully utilize the SSD hotspot at the top... the 7 fans keep it cool. my AMD phenom II x4 B55 OC 4.7Ghz is running at 48 degrees C. full load about 58. it's a bit hot but for the chip it's quite amazing. And, i just like the way Antec just made it. the Antec just looks so sexy compared to the HAF 932.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom