Looking to upgrade computer but need info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thane of Cawdor

Baseband Member
Hey I'm going to get a job so that I can get a new computer with top of the line stuff but I'm going to wait until dx10 and all that good stuff comes out. I am looking to get a new motherboard and a new videocard. Does anyone know when dx10 comes out and when it comes out will dx10 need a different kind of slot instead of pcie16x? Because right now i have a midrange PC and I really want to step it up but at the right time. Any info would be helpful.

PCI Express is going to be around for a while and will be supporting DX10 cards. Hold off on it if that's what you really want because it'll be a year before we get stable DX10 setups out... Vista isn't supposed to come out until late this year.

Ryan

yes ..... totally ture fightingirish... i am getting a summer job to make/save money for bike parts and computer stuff ..... so if i were you i would at least wait like 3-5 months till it stableizes ....

i would also say ... if you want to make a comp that requires less upgrading then go for an sli mobo ... thats what i plan to do .... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom