looking for suggestions - mobo for Intel Core 2 Duo

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrukt

Beta member
I've tried in vain multiple times to get ahold of a GA-EP35-DS3L over the past several weeks, and come to the conclusion its just not gonna happen. So I'm left with the problem that I've never used any other motherboard, and don't personally know any others compatible and that I would use for this job. We were going to build my friend's system while I was visiting him for two weeks, but the jerk who claimed to have the motherboard sent us not only the totally wrong model, it was some pitiful tiny refurbished thing that looked like it had been used to sweep dust into a dust pan for the past two decades. Thankfully eBay got our money back.

Here are the items we currently have:

RAM: 240 pin, DDR2 SDRAM
HD: 640 GB SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec) 7200 rpm
Drive: 16X DVD(+/-)R/RW 12X RAM (+/-)R DL LightScribe SATA drive
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor
PSU: Antec TruePower New TP-650 650W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.3 / EPS12V V2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC "compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power Supply
Vid Card: ECS NR9800GTE-512QX-F GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

This is to be a gaming computer, but since I haven't built anything for the past 4 or 5 years now I haven't been looking at new makes of motherboards. Could you suggest a fitting and compatible one for this job please? I sadly do not have the time to spend researching 20 different ones til I find something that's more than just decent. Spring is here so we have a lot of farm work to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom