Looking for PSU on this build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
Hello All, a friend of mine has the below build and wants a new power supply, I think he'd like something with LED's and a nice look on the cords as well. Modular isn't all that necessary but is a good plus. I've always used Antec power supplies, and never purchased one with LED's. System build is below.

Gigabyte 965 motherboard
E6400 C2D (currently not OC)
2GB Corsair XMS2 Ram
8800GTS 320MB video Card
SB Audigy Gamer
250GB WD HDD
Antec 900 Gamer Case

I think he's trying to stay at around $100 U.S. but if it's worth it to spend more feel free to link! He buys his stuff from NewEgg like I do so if you have any egg links that helps too.

Thanks, Sora. Power Supply was purchased and runs awesome. Thought it had some LED's in it, but it just looks like it would :)

When I turn the PC off with this PSU in it the rear fan still spins for 2 minutes. At first I thought something was wrong, but it is exactly 2 mins every time so I guess it's just cooling it down?

That's good and yes I believe its a setting with the PSU to cool it down or to prevent damage or something...whatever it is it's for the better. I believe you can turn the setting off somewhere though if he doesn't like it.

Hello All, a friend of mine has the below build and wants a new power supply, I think he'd like something with LED's and a nice look on the cords as well. Modular isn't all that necessary but is a good plus. I've always used Antec power supplies, and never purchased one with LED's. System build is below.

Gigabyte 965 motherboard
E6400 C2D (currently not OC)
2GB Corsair XMS2 Ram
8800GTS 320MB video Card
SB Audigy Gamer
250GB WD HDD
Antec 900 Gamer Case

I think he's trying to stay at around $100 U.S. but if it's worth it to spend more feel free to link! He buys his stuff from NewEgg like I do so if you have any egg links that helps too.

Take a look at the power supply guide for more options linked in my Signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom