Looking for PSU assistance for relatively affordable gaming computer, thanks!

hotsnot50

Beta member
Hello there,

I recently decided to be ambitious and build my very first gaming computer. Through much research, reviews, and nail biting I've finally come to what I consider a close to finished product.

Intel i5-3570K, Asus GeForce GTX 550 Ti, Antec One - System Build - PCPartPicker

The link above should provide all of the specifications of the products and prices that I have chosen. However, one thing that intimidates me is the PSU situation. I originally thought something such as this:

Newegg.com - SeaSonic M12II 520 Bronze 520W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply would suffice. Now reading that the PSU can potentially burn my entire system. Daz b mess'd up.

Therefore, I do not wish to continue until I have some sort of "okay, newbie this looks acceptable".

This is my first build, and to be honest it is quite pricey for my budget. I was thinking that perhaps my CPU (processor, right?) could be dimmed a tad bit if it would not drastically affect my gaming capabilities (playing Diablo 3).

Any suggestions would GREATLY GREATLY GREATLY be appreciated regarding the build, places to purchase, manufacturer's, literally ANYTHING.

Best,
The Newb.

Hello there,

I recently decided to be ambitious and build my very first gaming computer. Through much research, reviews, and nail biting I've finally come to what I consider a close to finished product.

Intel i5-3570K, Asus GeForce GTX 550 Ti, Antec One - System Build - PCPartPicker

The link above should provide all of the specifications of the products and prices that I have chosen. However, one thing that intimidates me is the PSU situation. I originally thought something such as this:

Newegg.com - SeaSonic M12II 520 Bronze 520W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply would suffice. Now reading that the PSU can potentially burn my entire system. Daz b mess'd up.

Therefore, I do not wish to continue until I have some sort of "okay, newbie this looks acceptable".

This is my first build, and to be honest it is quite pricey for my budget. I was thinking that perhaps my CPU (processor, right?) could be dimmed a tad bit if it would not drastically affect my gaming capabilities (playing Diablo 3).

Any suggestions would GREATLY GREATLY GREATLY be appreciated regarding the build, places to purchase, manufacturer's, literally ANYTHING.

Best,
The Newb.

A few things if you don't mind me mentioning, I looked at the reviews for this psu, the bad and the good.
For a psu like this, I would consider investing in a 600watt psu of the same brand or antec 80 bronze or silver edition.
The sony cd/dvd drive LG does much better with burning dvd's reading and other stuff like holding a dvd as a iso using power iso mounting at high dvd/hd capacity levels.

If you can get to a micrococenter or close by one or a friend who lives by there I recommend you get your core i5 from there since it will be about 189.00 total and good to boot then current online retail prices.

Back
Top Bottom