Looking For New Soundcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

zythyl

In Runtime
when I say new I just mean a soundcard as I'm running on mobo atm.

so i want to hear EAX and accurate positional audio through my headphones (Sennheiser HD210) as i only game with my headphones on.

can anyone point me to a good quality soundcrad under $200 that does all that? and i'm running on vista so something that makes use of ALchemy would be good... i'm looking at the 5.1 creative soudnblasters for gamers... anyone got any tips?

cheers

(i'm in australia so $200AUSD = ~$166.64USD)

Well if you want EAX then your real only choice is Creative Xfi, but if you want better sound quality then there are many other choices to go by.

Xfi XtremeGamer is the one to get around that price range, buy any other higher priced Xfi and you will be wasting your money.

yeah, they are great for gaming, i have these with logitech z5500's. and youl be surprised how much audio quality actually improves for a gaming card! i know that if you into music and not so much gaming, m-audio have great sounds, especially the delta series.

but i rec. the X-fi pro gamer its great!

also since you live in australia, u could use
staticICE :: Australia's comprehensive computer hardware and gadget price comparison search engine
Compare prices - Australia - Price Comparison - Comparison Shopping
to compare prices from alot of e-stores
a couple of sites that have low prices i buy from are
GameDude Computers OnLine Store
Online Computer Store - Umart online® Your one stop Computer Shop for computer parts,notebook and new system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom