Looking for a new Monitor. - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 11:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default Re: Looking for a new Monitor.

Well I havn't made up my mind yet, i'm just leaning towards the 931C right now. But I have just read that some of the stats listed for the 931C are kind of skewed. And that Acer does indeed look pretty nice, as well. So feel free to continue giving me your input.

RAM: 2GB DDR2-800 Corsair RAM
PSU: OCZ GameXStream 700W
SPU: X-FI XTreme Music
HDD: 10,000RPM 150GB Raptor

All in a Thermaltake Armor
Got a few LEDs too...
Old 03-29-2007, 12:10 AM   #12 (permalink)
Super Techie

The Acer, in my opinion, is going to be your best buy. I have had acer brand stuff for years. In fact, my first computer was an Acer Laptop, which I loved beyond all.

Acer is a great company, and their LCDs are wonderful quality. The 22" is sleek as ****. It's bright and very high def. The text on screen are very crisp, and the colors are absolutly spot on. I honestly couldn't ask for a better screen for that kind of money. Obviously there are better screens out there, but who needs to pay 500+ for slightly better quality?

It's packin a 5ms response, which means no ghosting at all. Don't feel it's a lower quality in comparison to a 2ms, as 2ms is way overkill. Sceptre has a good reputation, and I wouldn't disagree with one of their 19" or the 20.1", but IMHO the Acer 22" is better, hands down.

Customer support couldn't be better. It's like the oposite of Asus (haha). Whenever I had trouble with my laptop Acer would be happy to help me out.

Great buy, 5 out of 5 eggs no doubt

Old 03-29-2007, 03:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Is the Acer monitor's 5ms response time grey to grey or Black to white? Also have you noticed any bleeding or anything like that?
RAM: 2GB DDR2-800 Corsair RAM
PSU: OCZ GameXStream 700W
SPU: X-FI XTreme Music
HDD: 10,000RPM 150GB Raptor

All in a Thermaltake Armor
Got a few LEDs too...
Old 03-29-2007, 10:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
Super Techie

If you angle your head just right when you're about 2 inches from the screen, and you look up, you may see a slight amount of bleeding, so in other words, no, hardley any bleeding at all. And I believe it's grey to grey, I remember reading that, but couldn't tell you for sure.

You'll surprised at the size though. I certainly waswhen I opened it up, I wasn't expecting it to be THAT large

The bleeding is not noticable, and only is if you have a completley black screen and you are looking at it in a certain angle. Other then that, great screen.

Closed Thread